The Supply Chain management optimization
A few market downturns, mergers and acquisitions, changes in currency conditions or labor costs, etc. have been leading companies to reconsider their supply chain organization models, involving roles, processes and agreements, information systems and flows, as well as means and infrastructures in a complex set of strategic and operational redefinition, requiring a direction and congruent competences.
Overcoming the three most frequent approaches to the development of the Supply Chain (benchmark & best practice driven, system & technology-driven, process driven), our vision of building competitive advantage through the Supply Chain passes through a path of improvement. Typically, the project follows a structured approach in a total of three macro phases: Design, Preparation and Implementation, customized to the specific needs of the client and aimed at achieving tangible results. The benefits that can be obtained are attributable to multiple areas, summarized in the reference section on the sidecan be summarized as follows:
- Shortening of the Lead Time
- Stock reduction and better capacity utilization
- Process synchronization
- KPI monitoring
- Reduction of transformation costs
- Reduction of transport, storage and handling costs
- Lower order management costs
- Increase of service index and on-time delivery
- Decrease of lost sales, claims and recalls.